Private Equity Associate / Analyst
The company is a fast-growing private equity fund and hospital management business seeking to obtain an Analyst to support the deal team. The ideal candidate will have at least 2-3 years of investment banking experience, an entrepreneurial mindset, a strong work ethic, and possess a heavy background in financial modeling, operating models, industry research and due diligence. The role will report to the senior members of the deal team and have direct exposure to active transactions and portfolio management.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists investment team in performing investment due diligence for potential hospital acquisitions and/or new opportunities for hospital management contracts.
- Analyze investment opportunities for operational and financial performance, report findings and recommendations to the team.
- Create and maintain detailed financial and operational forecast models, including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements, debt and depreciation schedules, LBO modeling, etc.
- Assist in monthly reporting and performance tracking of existing portfolio, including assisting with analysis of operational initiatives as needed.
- Produce materials to present formally and informally, including models, investment memorandums, lender transaction summaries, and other investment related materials.
Key Competencies and Requirements:
- At least two (2) years of investment banking experience, preferably with a focus on middle-market M&A.
- Knowledge of investment concepts, terminology, styles, models, strategies and fundamental investment factors.
- Mastery of financial models and integrating financial and operational metrics to drive forecasts.
- Background or exposure to hospitals and/or healthcare preferred, but not required.
- Candidate with healthcare operational background in addition to investment banking will be looked favorably upon.
- Competitive Salary
- 401 (k) Program
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
Paladin Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age or other legally protected characteristics.